Rodney, better known as Rod (which is short for Rodney) is a blue male humanoid whatnot who is one of the main characters in the adult-themed Broadway musical Avenue Q. He is an investment banker on Wall Street. He lives in the same apartment as Nicky. He is a closted homosexual, but at the end of the musical he comes out of the closet.
- What Do You Do With A B.A. In English / It Sucks To Be Me
- If You Were Gay
- The Internet Is For Porn
- Fantasies Come True
- My Girlfriend Who Lives in Canada
- For Now
Broadway and Off-Broadway PortrayersEdit
- John Tartaglia
- Barrett Foa
- Howie Michael Smith
- Seth Rettberg
- Rob McClure
- Adam Kantor
West End PortrayersEdit
- Jon Robyns
- Daniel Boys
- Paul Spicer
- Adam Pettigrew
- Sam Lupton
- Well, I am not a closeted... homo-whatever!
- Sweet suffering Jesus! Nicky AND Ricky?! Ooh, my cup runneth over!
- (Reffering to his gay "friend") He's an investment banker. . . and a Republican.
- Number one: I apologize for being so hot-headed and difficult.
- In July, 2011, the same day same-sex marraige was legalized in New York City, Rod and Ricky (handled by Howie Michael Smith and Jed Resnik, respectively) made history as the first same-sex puppet couple to wed. The ceremony was done at City Hall beneath a rainbow chuppah. Kate Monster (handled by Jennifer Barnhart) served as flower girl. The couple had a brief honeymoon and made it back to the theater in time for their 3pm matinee.
- He is somewhat a parody of Bert from Sesame Street.